Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Happy Birthday Mamaw!


Today has always been a special day for me.  Today is my grandmother’s birthday.  She passed from this life on January 23, and so today is especially difficult.   As humans, there are so many things that we simply do not understand.  We do not understand why loved ones pass, little ones suffer, and terrorism exists, among many other things.  It is not uncommon for humankind to wonder why these things are so. 

Scholars and theologians have debated this for many, many years.  The prophet Isaiah writes in 55:8-9, 

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

That says it all.  We cannot ever fully understand God because he is so superior to ourselves.  Don’t get me wrong, there are many things that we can understand, but there are also things that we will never fully understand while here on earth.  It is for this reason that faith is so very important!

My faith has been challenged (and strengthened) this past month.  My grandmother was the most godly woman I've ever met and I hope to honor her today.

No comments:

Post a Comment